It seems fitting to write about a concert as a wind down my year of blogging. It was about a year ago that I blogged about the Jack Johnson show. That seems like it was ages ago and only a few weeks ago at the same time; it’s funny how that happens. Anyway, my friends Harkiran, Hannah, Shana, Bethany, and I went to see Matt Nathanson, Maroon 5, and Train at the Tampa Amphitheater (still not calling it the 1-800-Ask-Gary Amphitheater). I do plan to come back an post picture, but it’s exceedingly late and my computer is being ridiculous about recognizing my iphone. So let’s just have the highlights shall we?
– Matt Nathanson called 1-800-Ask-Gary; the recorded message indicated we were out of the service area.
– People trying to do the Awkward clap during Faster
– Maroon 5 opened with Moves Like Jagger; said Tampa is better than West Palm and called it sticky sweaty hot.
-Adam Levine. Just Adam in Jeans and a white tank top….so hot.
– Sing-a-long to This Love
– Girl With the Broken Smile. AMAZING!
– Train was Train. The Lead singer of Train (who I will henceforth refer to as Crazy Hair because I can’t remember his name) looked like he was wearing a members only jacket…
– Crazy Hair tweeted a picture of the crowd holding up their phones like lighters.
– Save Me San Francisco was fun; “I’ve been high, I’ve been low, I’ve been yes, and I’ve be oh hell no…”. This is probably my favorite Train song.
– To “ward off the rain” Train covered Rihanna’s Umbrella, it was actually quite good.
– Some girl got proposed to during Marry Me. Crazy Hair proclaimed Train married to Tampa.
– Hey Soul Sister and Drops of Jupiter were clear the favorite songs of their set.