Lately I’ve sort of gain and losing the same pound or so over and over again. I hadn’t really made any progress since around mid-July. But I was really careful this week (though I still managed TF’s with BFFMandy and a pizzeria date) and I finally kicked the last few pounds to reach a forty pound loss. I could not be more stoked. My next mini-goal is approximately 6 pounds which will put me at right around 20% of my starting weight.
It seems fitting to write about a concert as a wind down my year of blogging. It was about a year ago that I blogged about the Jack Johnson show. That seems like it was ages ago and only a few weeks ago at the same time; it’s funny how that happens. Anyway, my friends Harkiran, Hannah, Shana, Bethany, and I went to see Matt Nathanson, Maroon 5, and Train at the Tampa Amphitheater (still not calling it the 1-800-Ask-Gary Amphitheater). I do plan to come back an post picture, but it’s exceedingly late and my computer is being ridiculous about recognizing my iphone. So let’s just have the highlights shall we?
– Matt Nathanson called 1-800-Ask-Gary; the recorded message indicated we were out of the service area.
– People trying to do the Awkward clap during Faster
– Maroon 5 opened with Moves Like Jagger; said Tampa is better than West Palm and called it sticky sweaty hot.
-Adam Levine. Just Adam in Jeans and a white tank top….so hot.
– Sing-a-long to This Love
– Girl With the Broken Smile. AMAZING!
– Train was Train. The Lead singer of Train (who I will henceforth refer to as Crazy Hair because I can’t remember his name) looked like he was wearing a members only jacket…
– Crazy Hair tweeted a picture of the crowd holding up their phones like lighters.
– Save Me San Francisco was fun; “I’ve been high, I’ve been low, I’ve been yes, and I’ve be oh hell no…”. This is probably my favorite Train song.
– To “ward off the rain” Train covered Rihanna’s Umbrella, it was actually quite good.
– Some girl got proposed to during Marry Me. Crazy Hair proclaimed Train married to Tampa.
– Hey Soul Sister and Drops of Jupiter were clear the favorite songs of their set.
It’s been a long time since I was this happy about it being Monday. BFFMandy and I had an excellent evening; pedicure, homemade enchiladas, Golden Girls. Seriously pretty much the most relaxing evening ever.
I’m having one of those way to involved in a good book nights. This happens to me occasionally; I am currently reading The Weird Sisters and it is over all and excellent book (though not having a sister I have no comment on the portrayal of the sisterly relationship). I really wanted to finish it before the the library takes back their e-book and now I will be totally exhausted in the AM. On the plus side…new book tomorrow. Yes, I do read that much. Don’t judge me.
Today was pretty good. This evening was excellent. Smiles.
Holy Headache, Batman! And I’m on-call…Sad face…I really wanted to do some special posts as I wind down my year of blogging, but I don’t think that’s going to happen…
I fell asleep on the couch while I was reading. This is one of my favorite ways to drift off. Even when I was a child I would read at night to help prepare myself to go to sleep (now I also read early in the mornings to help myself wake up!). This sort of easy slide into sleeep always feels so relaxed and restful to me.
I know I wrote about being on Pinterest last week-ish. I just wanted to say as much as I enjoy it and I am always finding new and interesting things…this website is a serious time suck. Seriously, do not log on unless you have a good bit of time to play around with, otherwise you’ll look up and two
or four hours will have gone by while your were pinning and re-pinning.
Tijuana Flats with BFFMandy for dinner tonight. Good food, Good times. The week is halfway over tomorrow…
I think I’m having and allergic reaction to the sun. No just a sunburn, but an actual raised, rashy, itchy, allergic reaction. Whoever heard of someone being allergic to the sun?